Parent volunteers are a big reason that the VHS Choir program is so successful!! It's fun and a great opportunity to get to know other choir families. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact one of our Booster Board members at email@example.com. We need lots of help at concerts with selling concessions, helping backstage, and directing students and show goers. If you volunteer one concert night, you will get a complimentary ticket to see the other night of the show. Look for our Sign Up Genius emails for more volunteer opportunities.
The process for gaining the required certification by the William S. Hart District can take some time, so you are wise to get started now! We hope that the brief instructions provided below will ease the process and ensure successful certification.
Hart District Chaperone/Volunteer Clearance Procedure
1. Go to the William S. Hart District website. www.hartdistrict.org
2. Scroll across the home page to “Community.”
3. Scroll to the “Volunteer” at the bottom of the column and click on it.
4. The "Volunteer" page includes all of the instructions and forms that need to be filled out.
5. Contact the VHS Administrative Offices and talk to the Assistant Principals office for instructions on how to complete your volunteer clearance approval including completing all of the on-line training programs.
6. Once you have completed all of the forms, taken care of your TB Skin Test, and completed the On-Line Training, you will contact the VHS Administrative Offices for approval and required signatures. You will then be able to contact the District Office to schedule your finger printing. The processing fee of $70 is payable by the Volunteer.
District-Approved Driving Certification
1. If you are interested in attaining district-approved driving certification, the fee is $95. The list of forms needed for a driving certification can be found in the same location as the chaperone forms.
Please let us know if you decide to pursue this volunteer opportunity so that we can keep track of your progress. We appreciate your willingness to share of your time, energy and effort for the betterment of the VHS Choir Program.
Christine T. Mocha, Director
Linda Lessis, Booster President