It Takes a Village!
Parent volunteers are a big reason that the VHS Choir Program is so successful. It's fun and a great opportunity to get to know other choir families. Plus, it can be a rewarding experience for your family and help create lifelong memories for your child.
There are many areas where you can volunteer your time and/or special skills.
Concerts and Events
We need LOTS of help at concerts with selling concessions, helping backstage, and directing students and show goers. If you volunteer one concert night, you will get a complimentary ticket to see the other night of the show. We also need help putting together our other fundraiser events like the Silent Auction, Holiday Boutique, and Swing Dance. Some tasks we need help with are putting together auction baskets, decorating the event space, distributing and posting flyers, etc. Look for our Sign Up Genius emails for these volunteer opportunities.
Chaperones / Chaperone Drivers
Throughout the year, Valencia High School Choir travels to other schools and performing centers to participate in music festivals and choir competitions. During these trips, we need parent volunteers to chaperone our students. We also need chaperone drivers to help transport students on occasion. If you are able to volunteer your time to be a chaperone and/or a chaperone driver, we appreciate you so much! Please note that drivers and chaperones need District clearance. See below for the William S. Hart District Chaperone/Volunteer Clearance Procedure. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in volunteering on a more regular basis, we have open Booster Committee Chair positions that need filling! Please contact us at email@example.com. We appreciate your support!
William S. Hart District Chaperone/Volunteer Clearance Procedure
All chaperones and drivers require clearance by the William S. Hart Union High School District. The process for gaining the required certification by the District can take some time, so you are wise to get started now. The good news is that once you are cleared, your clearance is good through the rest of your student's time in the District, with the exception that you would need to take the online training courses yearly. We hope that the brief instructions provided below will ease the process and ensure successful certification.
1. Go to the William S. Hart District website. www.hartdistrict.org
2. Scroll across the home page to “Community.”
3. Scroll to the “Volunteer” at the bottom of the column and click on it.
4. The "Volunteer" page includes all of the instructions and forms that need to be filled out.
5. Contact the VHS Administrative Offices and talk to the Assistant Principals office for instructions on how to complete your volunteer clearance approval including completing all of the on-line training programs.
6. Once you have completed all of the forms, taken care of your TB Skin Test, and completed the On-Line Training, you will contact the VHS Administrative Offices for approval and required signatures. You will then be able to contact the District Office to schedule your finger printing. The processing fee of $70 is payable by the Volunteer.
District-Approved Driving Certification
1. If you are interested in attaining district-approved driving certification, the fee is $95. The list of forms needed for a driving certification can be found in the same location as the chaperone forms.
Please let us know if you decide to pursue this volunteer opportunity so that we can keep track of your progress. We appreciate your willingness to share of your time, energy and effort for the betterment of the VHS Choir Program.
Christine T. Mocha, Director
Steffanie Heringer, Booster President
Ann Marie Espinosa, Booster Volunteers Chair